Join us for Insights 2019
NIH, Building 10 (NIH Clinical Center)
FAES Classrooms 3-4 and FAES Terrace
February 7th, 9 AM to 5 PM
Insights 2019 at NIH is BioTek's first imaging user group meeting. By connecting scientists from the NIH and BioTek, as well as key partners including Agilent Technologies, Cayman Chemical, and MIMETAS, we aim to drive collaboration and innovation amongst Cytation™ and Lionheart™ imager users within the scientific community.
The day will begin with presentations from prominent scientists who will share highlights of their current research in which BioTek instrumentation has facilitated or enhanced their research objectives:
- Joseph Steiner, Ph.D., Staff Scientist and Director, NeuroTherapeutics Development Unit, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- Stephen Migueles, M.D., National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
Angela Cattani, B.S. and current Post-Baccalaureate IRTA, will be co-presenting.
- Shar-yin Naomi Huang, Ph.D., Staff Scientist, National Cancer Institute
- Emily Dunkelberger, Ph.D., Research Scientist, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- Faycal Guedj, Ph.D., Staff Scientist, National Institute of Child Health and Development
- Peter Sykora, Ph.D., Director of Research and Development, Amelia technologies LLC
- Charles H. Williams, III, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Medicine in Division of Cardiovascular Medicine at the University of Maryland School of Medicine
Complimentary lunch on the Terrace
In the afternoon, we'll have a variety of hands-on workstations, featuring interactive demonstrations of BioTek's newest instruments. We’ll also have workstations featuring some of BioTek’s partners:
- Agilent Technologies will present their Agilent Seahorse XF Imaging and Normalization System for the normalization of OCR and ECAR data using nuclear stain-based cell counting.
- Cayman Chemical will demonstrate their proprietary NETosis Assay Kit using the Lionheart FX Automated Microscope.
- MIMETAS will demonstrate brightfield and fluorescent imaging of their proprietary high-throughput, microtiter-based organ-on-a-chip platform, the OrganoPlate® using the Cytation 1 Cell Imaging Multi-Mode Reader.
BioTek will feature the following products:
Finally, throughout the day there will be an opportunity to share and view scientific posters from your fellow attendees. Submit a poster of your own and you will be entered to win a Vermont Gift Basket! BioTek’s Scientific Director will review the poster submissions and pick a winner based on scientific merit and clarity.