Typically, cell viability or cytotoxicity assays assess the integrity of the cell’s plasma membrane. Fluorescent probes that undergo large fluorescence quantum yield increases as they intercalate into nuclear DNA can be engineered to be plasma membrane permeable or non-permeable. The use of these two probes is the basis of classic “LIVE/DEAD” assays. Alternatively only a membrane impermeable fluorometric dye can be used in a live cell kinetic assay such that toxicity can be measured in real time. Gen5 software fully automates this analysis, providing quantitative data through counting cells based on nuclear staining.
20x Kinetic Apoptosis and Necrosis Movie
- Oridonin Perfusion Causes Cytotoxicity in U-2 OS Cells
- Validation of an Image-Based 3D Natural Killer Cell Mediated Cytotoxicity Assay
- Multiplexed Assay for IL-6 Secretion and Cell Viability Using an Epithelial Ovarian Cancer Cell Line
BioTek’s Visual Abstracts are brief animated presentations describing the Augmented Microscopy workflow of a specific application.
Quantitative Multiplexed of Mixed Bacteria
Kinetic Cytotoxicity Using Cell Counting
3D Kinetic NK Cell Cytotoxicity Assay
- Combining Automated Liquid Handling, Cellular Microscopy and Magnetic Bioprinting to Create Walk Away 3D Oncology, Stem Cell Differentiation, and Toxicity Procedures - On Demand
- Lionheart FX Automated Microscope
- Lionheart LX Automated Microscope
- BioSpa Live Cell Analysis System
- Cytation 5 Cell Imaging Multi-Mode Reader
- Cytation 1 Cell Imaging Multi-Mode Reader
Learn more about Cell Viability/Toxicity applications - search our Application Notes and technical documentation in Resources.