Capture detailed cellular images and get in-depth cell-level analyses for migration and wound healing assays, 3D spheroid formation and many other kinetic applications in up to 8 microplates or other labware. Built-in scheduling, environmental monitoring and available liquid handling allow you to walk away with confidence – and allows multiple users to run processes simultaneously without disrupting others.
The BioSpa Live Cell Analysis System offers unique benefits for a wide variety of live cell imaging applications:
- Brightfield, high contrast brightfield, color brightfield, phase contrast and fluorescence imaging offers amazing imaging application versatility on a single platform
- 1.25x to 60x magnification captures the level of detail you need, from whole well montage to intracellular detail
- Integrated temperature and CO2/O2 control, plus humidity monitoring support live cell assays
- 6 objectives on an automated turret provides effortless image capture at various magnifications
- Z-stacking and z-projection, plus z-stacked montage are powerful capture and processing tools to get vital information from 3D biology
- Patented laser autofocus provides increased reproducibility, while decreasing phototoxic and photobleaching effects
- Advanced cell-level analysis like nuclear and cytoplasmic masking define critical, information-rich regions of interest
- Automated washing, reagent dispensing and media replacement are easy add-ons, bringing efficiency to critical cell sample prep and maintenance throughout the entire workflow
- The BioSpa Live Cell Analysis System easily fits inside commercially available containment enclosures and biosafety cabinets
Purchase a Live Cell Analysis System and Receive Free Environmental Control!
These are just a few examples of the many important applications for BioSpa Live Cell Analysis System. Visit our Applications page to see more.
BioTek Field Applications Scientists (FAS) and Product Specialists provide unparalleled scientific support, assisting with experimental planning and assay optimization on BioTek’s instrumentation and software. Learn how they can help move your science forward… faster!
Automated objective turret
To efficiently view a variety of samples at a range of magnifications, install up to 6 objectives on the automated turret, and capture images automatically, within a single experiment.
Patented laser autofocus
Provides increased reproducibility and speed, while decreasing phototoxic and photobleaching effect. Learn more about Laser Autofocus on the Technology Page.
Advanced cell-level analysis
Powerful tools like nuclear and cytoplasmic masking define critical, information-rich regions of interest for automated, detailed cellular analysis.
The BioSpa Live Cell Analysis System easily fits inside commercially available containment enclosures and biosafety cabinets. The Baker Company offers a broad range of innovative solutions to provide isolation of cell lines and containment of potentially hazardous agents. Fluidics, power requirements, heat rejection, service and user interface ergonomics can all be accommodated. BioTek and Baker continually work together to provide automated life science laboratories with the best possible solution.
Customer SpotlightTeasing Out Fine Details from the Tangled World of Chromosomes
Normal human cells contain 23 chromosome pairs, each encoding the genetic information of life as well as passing on inheritable traits from parents. Chromosomes are tightly folded into origami-like structures that are mind-boggling in their complexity, yet elegantly unfurled and refolded during cell division or mitosis. Tiny errors during mitosis can cause the formation of aneuploid cells containing an abnormal number of chromosomes and lead to miscarriage and health disorders such as Down syndrome. Additionally, these mistakes have been linked to tumorigenesis and accelerated tumor growth rates.