Cytation 5 Cell Imaging Multi-Mode Reader
Cytation™ 5 Cell Imaging Multi-Mode Reader combines automated digital widefield microscopy with conventional multi-mode microplate reading in a unique, patented design. The imaging components and multi-mode optical modules are independent and physically separate within the instrument, ensuring optimized performance without compromise! With Cytation 5, you can capture rich phenotypic cellular information and well-based quantitative data in a single experiment. Cytation 5, along with Gen5 software, automates the workflow from image capture, processing, and analysis to create publication-ready images and data. Augmented Microscopy™ is the combination of all of these features in one compact system.
- Modular digital microscopy and multi-mode detection, each with independent optical components
- Patented Hybrid optics: sensitivity of filters, flexibility of monochromator
- Variable bandwidth monochromators optimize fluorophore detection
- 100 mW Alpha Laser: Speed and performance-based excitation for Alpha assays
- CO2/O2 control, incubation and shaking for live cell assays
- Label-free cell counting for cell proliferation studies
- Peltier Cooling Module maintains environmental stability for uncompromised assay integrity
Cytation 5 is a key component of Agilent Technologies’ Seahorse XF Imaging and Normalization System. XFe Analyzers simultaneously measure the two major cellular energy-producing pathways, mitochondrial respiration and glycolysis, in live cells and in real time. The integrated solution with Cytation 5 combines cellular analysis and imaging for an intuitive workflow to streamline XF data interpretation.
- Cell migration and invasion assays
- Live cell imaging
- Multi-mode reader applications
- Phenotypic assays
New AutoScratch Wound Making Tool automatically creates reproducible scratch wounds in 96- and 24-well microplates for cell migration assays.
These are just a few examples of the many important applications for Cytation 5. Visit our Applications page to see more.